so it's okay for mom's with babies to talk about their kids poop so I'm going to extend this liberty to myself to talk about my dog's poop (just count your blessings that I didn't take any pics) :)
Druppy's poop has been the source of much frustration and anxiety these past few weeks. since he got sick it's been "soft" to mucus-y to downright watery. And since he really wasn't eating and what he was eating for weeks was baby food I wasn't expecting them to be normal.
After he got diagnosed and started on the prednisone it was definitely diarrhea and we had to stop the pred and start an anti-diarrhea medicine. The meds would supposedly cause constipation so if he didn't poop with a 24 hour window we had to stop them.
He started this course of medication last wednesday and by saturday the diarrhea seemed to be less watery then it was earlier in the week and he even started to pick up a slight interest in food. This was super exciting so we weren't forcing as much baby food in hopes he'd be hungry enough to eat some dog food. Well less food in means less poop out, so sunday he had one BM and that was it. It was definitely more like what came out when he was first sick and not nearly as watery anymore so today I decided to call the vet and see what we should do. She wants us to put him back on the prednisone (1/2 a pill once a day instead of 2xs) and the antacid 2xs a day and stop the other meds. YAY!!! This means he'll really get his appetite back :) And we're going to watch what we feed him more closely this time so hopefully we'll be able to determine if it was the food of the pred that caused the diarrhea. Pray that it's not the prednisone as he needs this to get better!
So After I hung up with the vet I let him out and he finally pooped (it was nearing that 24-hr mark) and it was just about normal!!!! I was so excited and praised him up and down (not like he really had any control over it) bu he was proud, he came trotting up the back deck steps all happy and it was so cute :)
Oh how I hope the trend of normal poops continues!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment