January 5, 2010

Unanswered Prayers

well today is CD 1...bet ya can't guess what today's post is about ;) haha.

I actually heard this song on my way home from work at lunch time today. I wasn't even paying attention to the radio actually (yes I'm in the 0.05% of the population that does not own an iPod or a Satellite radio) and all of a sudden I heard those words "Sometimes God's greatest gifts are Unanswered Prayers".
After yesterday's post I was really quite hopeful..thinking 'wow, wouldn't that be something if we just started all of these tests and all of our friends are having their babies and somehow we had a little Christmas Magic'. (I know, I'm ever the optimist ;)
Well that didn't happen! oh well. AF showed up this morning, 2 days early mind you and I was definitely shocked. and disappointed. But I shrugged my shoulders and moved on with my day.

But then that song came on and my world just kinda seemed to "right itself". I know I don't go to Church much, but I do believe in God, always have and always will. He's there for me even when I least expect it.
There's a reason He didn't answer my prayers in High School to make Mark Mearhoff realize I was head over heels for him. Or in college when all I wanted was to be Scott Herb's girlfriend....nope I had to wait for Chris. And he came into my life when I least expected it! I mean literally...me, who really never had a boyfriend (except John Dagan who I'm technically still dating since Junior year b/c we never really broke up) was actually dating (or more appropriately 'sleeping with') someone and was not looking for a boyfriend At All!...probably for the first time in my whole life. but there he was that cold January night, drunk off his ass just trying to get me to kiss him while I was drunk trying to get into someone elses bed...true love I tell ya, true love :)

but my point is I know God is in my day to day life, I know He's here and I know He loves me and cares for me. He doesn't have to answer every prayer I have for me to know that. I don't doubt Him. I know He has a plan for me. I know He isn't going to abandon me and my prayers because I'm seeking medical treatment or because I rarely go to church. He knows I'm a good person who lives each day trying to do good and be a positive person. He won't abandon me. He won't take away the one and only dream I've ever really had.
I know He will answer my prayers on His own terms in His own time.

And I'm okay with that.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT song!
    And, you're right. He'll answer them when the time is right. You are always in my t&p's babe. I know you'll make a great mommy... afterall you are a fantastic friend!

    ReplyDelete