July 17, 2009

Ups and Downs

I have been up and down this week so much it's like I'm on a freaking roller coaster.
Ups
- 2 very special girls got their bfp's this week, both very deserving and very determined to achieve their goal of being mothers. Both are huge inspirations and I am truly and completely happy for them.
- We have a super good shot at getting some federal stimulus money for a huge project at work which would keep me busy for a long time!
- I'm working on planning a small (but fun) party for Chris's 30th birthday next weekend and up until last night it was going to be surprise and I was so proud of myself
- I am leaving tomorrow morning to go to CT to visit my BFF (who is 18 weeks pg) and I'm taking her super fun, slightly nutty cousin with me and we're going to have a freaking BLAST!
- I started reading Twilight and am loving it! :)

Downs
- Chris was such a freaking baby last night, freaking out over stupid shit, flying off the handle and getting compeltely wound up over trivial bullshit. Ugh, he really gets on my last nerves sometimes, trying to start a debate/arguement over non-issues. Then he proceeds to get sick, claiming he hasn't felt right all week....well he never mentioned this to me, how the hell am I supposed to know he's not feeling well?!?! I truly believe he subconsciously doesn't want me to go away this weekend. It's one freaking night....he'll live. but he really hates when I go somewhere without him (he'll be bored home without me...whatever). I have to try and plan my trips when he has something else he can do. he's a real big baby when it comes to this and it's probably the #1 thing that irks me. He just hates being away from me, which is all well and fine and lovely and all that shit, but seriously I want to spend some time with my best friend ALONE, like we used to. Her H has plans to go golfing all weekend and Chris doesn't golf....it's not my fault. He's just gonna be a gloomy grump about the whole thing and he should just suck it up and deal with it. God, it's so irritating! A lot of his other friends in the area are helping a buddy move some stuff this weekend and he was going to do that, but now that he's "sick" and all of a sudden his back hurts again he doesn't want to do that (read: he's lazy and wants me to feel bad and stay home). I'll also add that my BFF has lived in CT (3 hrs away) for 4 years and this will only be my 3rd trip to see her. I could easily leave tonight and have nearly 48 hours with her, but no, the poor freaking baby would damn near give me the silent treatment for sure if I did that and really piss me off and whine about it (and to be honest I can't really do that anymore cuz I'm taking BFF's cousin with me and she has plans tonight now, but had I planned in advance she would've been able to arrange her schedule...but I digress). I can't really afford to fight with him either cuz I'll be O-ing at some point in the next 3 days and after his little temper tantrum last night (and getting sick) he went to bed before I was ready and promptly fell asleep. and he started making plans for NEXT weekend last night on the phone that were completly different the ones we had been talking about and the ones I had his party planned around. so I had to tell him what I was up to, there was no way around it. (he's not big on birthday's or surprises so it's no real big loss, except that I was bummed about it).
- the only other "down" I have to vent about is the big funding project at work that I mentioned above, well I did about 60% of the work on the application and the agency making the funding decision should decide next week and my boss is making all kinds of arrangements for himself and client to go to H-burg to be there for the big announcement and totally forgetting I had anything to do with it (another lady in my office did about 15% and my boss did about 15% of the application). He's caught up in this cloud of dollar signs and forgetting who got him there. This is highly out of character for him, he's usually very appreciative and big on giving priase and acknowledging hard work....and to be honest I wouldn't want to go out and do the whole photo op thing with State reps and other nonsense....but a little "Atta-girl" would sure be nice!

So after re-reading it seems like the ups are all thanks to girls and the downs are all from stupid boys....hmm, no big surprise there :)

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time this weekend and don't worry about C- he'll get over it! :)

    And, yey for girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time this weekend!!
    My DH is the same as yours. I swear they forget they were once single!!

    ReplyDelete