July 28, 2009

catch up

So I've been fairly silent lately...mostly because I've been so busy I keep telling myself "Oh I'll update my blog after ____". but one ___ turns into another ____ and I just haven't gotten around to it.
So a quick synopsis...
The weekend of July 18/19th was AWESOME! I had such a blast at my friend's in Ct I can't even tell you. Her brother, uncle, cousin and I had so much fun visiting her and her H, they were awesome hosts! They took us to an authentic german restaurant where we got to sing songs and wear silly hats and just laugh our asses off. it was great!
Last week was a bit of a blur, we did find out that our client was awarded the funding from the State from the application we put together, so we've all been scrambling to get the project in line for when the Authority decides to accept the offer (it should be a no-brainer, but stranger things have happened). They make their decision tonight, so fingers crossed they make the right choice!
What else last week.....um, not too much I guess.
This past weekend was Chris's 30th birthday and our church picnic. By "our church" I mean my church, that I don't attend nearly as much as I should. but it is the church I grew up in, went to Catholic grade school there, got married there, etc. Chris was raised Lutheran but hates the idea of organized religion, he really focuses too much on the negative aspect (usually the business side of church). He believes in God, he just doesn't believe in religion. Regardless, I don't let his views effect (affect?) mine and I don't push mine on him. But without his encouragement I do tend to find too many excuses on sunday mornings to not go to church.
Sorry for the tangent...anyway I do find time to go to the church picnic and this was one of the best years they had up there in ages. The picnic always gets rained out, every year. this year the rain held off until 9:30 on Sunday night, so Friday night was packed! I saw so many people I went to school with, but it's like a game, I like to see who I can see, but avoid actually talking to any of them :) My brother and my cousin got hammered, so that was highly entertaining. Oh yeah pretty much the best thing about the picnic is that they serve beer and homemade periogies....soo freaking good! :)
Saturday our friend's parents and other relatives had an auction so Chris was helping out with that and I went up to be nosy. I've never really gone to one before, and it's a good thing I went late cuz I'm pretty sure I would've spent all my savings on auction stuff! haha! (I have a small uncontrollable urge to buy antiques). We did end up with our friend's recliner, it's in good shape and apparently Chris mentioned he'd take it after I left and they gave it to him for nothing. we haven't actually picked it up yet and Lord only knows where we'll fit it in our shoe box size living room, but we'll come up with something.
After spending the afternoon making a pasta salad (like a caprese salad with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil and garlic pasta salad), chocolate chip cookies and taco dip, I headed back to the Barn (an old barn our friend's uncle converted into a house - it's awesome!) and everyone gathered for a relaxing evening to celebrate Chris's birthday. due to the early start that morning for the auction it was probably the most laid back barn party we ever had. the fact that the bonfire was left unattended for hours was in-and-of-itself amazing. so the party ended before midnight but Chris and 2 buddies wanted to stay up, so I left him there and brought the dog home to go to bed.
Sunday was Chris's actual birthday and while he wasn't terribly hungover he was sleep deprived and did spend the whole day just napping, which was fine by me. it was too hot/humid to do anything outside so I just did some light cleaning/organizing, went to investigate the new Target that just opened with my mom and then we all went to the picnic again sunday night. We spent the night there with my nana and her friend and had a great time laughing and telling stories. We all met my brother's new potential girlfriend, or at least his latest bed buddy - haha, it's cool though, she seemed nice enough - Decision to be made at a later date.
Chris and I had to help close/hold the tent flaps when the massive thunderstorm came rolling in so the band's equipment didn't get wrecked. Luckily the storm didn't last long and we were home by 10pm.

So that brings us to this week. I'll save that for another post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment