I think I'm finally catching up with the rest of the world and started reading the Twilight series this week. I got through the 1st book in 3 days. I knew I would like them when I heard everyone else talking about them, but I was stubborn and played it off like I couldn't care less when others were talking about it. I kinda felt out of the loop but not enough to run out and buy them. The the hub-bub died down and I honestly forgot all about them, until a friend loaned myself and another friend the 1st book. my other friend didn't have time to start reading it, so I said I'd start and let her know if it was really worth it.
I'll say this, I like it alot! I was captivated fro mthe beginning, I needed to know what was next I needed to understand how 2 very different creatures could fall in love so easily and so eternally...but as I continued reading, I got annoyed. I kinda feel bad about this, thinking "I shouldn't be feeling this way". She used the word beautiful to describe Edward too much for my liking. and parts of it seemed like she was trying to hard, she'd use this big flowery (for lack of a better term) language to describe something rather simple....like she was "over describing" a scene or something, but it wasn't consistant, there were other parts where I was left feeling like she didn't describe a scene completely enough. I don't know, it was a weird feeling as I was reading. The feelings were fleeting, not enough to ruin it it by any means...like I said, I couldn't get enough, I still needed to know what happened next. I stayed up reading till 1:30am the 1st 2 nights (mostly because I didn't start reading both night until 11:30pm....last night I got an early start and finished up well before bed time :)
Now I just have to regain my life, catch up on things (namely sleep) that I had cast aside just to find out...what.happens.next. hahaha.
I'm not going to see my friend until at least next week sometime to get the next book which is probably for the best. I'm going to be busy the next days anyway, plus with O right around the corner I probably shouldn't ignore Chris too much ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Been wondering if I should check these out. Glad you enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteWow, I thought I was late to the game! hehe. I read them about two months ago and liked them a lot. I will say I read the 1st book, and then rented to movie. I was really disappointed in the movie. Not nearly as good as the book. Have you see it yet?? Enjoy book 2!!
ReplyDeleteno I didn't see the movie, I think I'll get through all the books first then get it from netflix. I'll probably see the 2nd one in the theater with one of my best friends since she's completley and absolutely obessed with the series and I'll at least know what's going on.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy book 2! They are very addicting and I feel the same way about her writing style.
ReplyDeletePS. I"m so happy you have a blog!!!!!