I figured if I write this out I'll be able to put it behind me and move the Eff on.
So in college there were 5 of us that were really close. my roommates D and H and 2 other girls in our dorm K and S. K and S were a year a head of us in school, and we all stayed in touch, and then after D, H and I graduated we'd still get together like once a year. this went on for a few years and eventually just fell to the wayside. K and S lived near eachother so they'd get together a little more frequently. and we'd all talk on the phone and email eachother from time to time.
I'm a homebody and really don't like going anywhere, they started planning long weekend trips and I just never wanted to go. I had other friends I needed to see (my BFF's from HS who are like my sisters and don't live near me) or family obligations, I rarely have a free weekend. I started to have less and less in common with the girls (H and K are married so it wasn't even that so much) I just didn't feel like I was missing anything in my life after we didn't talk for months on end.
to make an even longer story short I realized that the 4 of them got together last month, there are a few pictures on facebook. Not that I would've went anyway, just kinda sucks when you realize that a group of friends has moved on without you.
I was kinda burnt by that, but I feel better now :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:(
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are feeling better though.