October 25, 2009

some more craft projects

These are some other crafty things over the years.





This is an ornament that I etched for my BFF. Her H designed this for their wedding invitations, their names are in the branches of the tree (Dan & Tina)
















I traced the invitation onto contact paper using transfer paper (carbon copy paper) and then cut out the image using an exacto knife. I pealed off the contact paper from around the image (so the image stayed covered on the glass and used etching cream I dabbed it on the exposed glass, let it sit for 5 mins and then washed it off, so the frosted parts are the parts that had the cream and the clear glass was protected by the contact paper :) simple and cheap (the glass was $1 and the etch cream I had for wedding projects plus a little bottle goes a long way so if you make a lot of ornaments or other crafts the cost of the etch cream or bath can be spread out over the course of those projects).


This is a little snowman guy I got at AC Moore and painted















This was one of my favortie things. I saw this on display at AC Mooe and decided I had to recreate it. So I walked all over the store picking out all the different parts and what I'd need and had to keep coming back and staring at the display to make sure I got everything. I probably spent an hour there getting everything I needed. I think I spent maybe $60 total.


This is how I set it up in 2006.













And this is in 2007





















This is something I made for my mom and my MIL for christmas one year. I just bought the glass pieces and put some potpurri(sp?) in the bowl and added a candle, nothing fancy but they liked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment